Requests for volunteers will be posted here as they are received, along with RSVP and Contact info. Volunteer "victims" for specific CERT classes may be listed on the class/CE Calendar.
The Spirit of St. Louis Air Show & STEM Expo is looking for CERT volunteers to help at the 2016 Air Show being held at the Spirit of St. Louis Airport in Chesterfield Valley.
Volunteers are specifically needed to help with "Lost & Missing Children"
When: Saturday, May 14 and Sunday, May 15, 2016.
Times will vary depending on your availability and which needs are still unfilled. There will be two shifts per day. Shift one is from 8:00 am - 1:00 pm and Shift two is from 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Volunteers will be provided with an Air Show T-Shirt.
This position will be one that allows the volunteer to sit under a tent to complete their task. No admission fee is charged, for each volunteer, and you are permitted access to the Air Show upon the completion of your service.
Below you will find a quick description and a few requirements for the position:
- The Lost and Missing Children volunteer is an important and rewarding position that carries out the primary goal of helping to ensure the safety of all of the children that attend the Spirit of St. Louis Air Show. Responsibilities and requirements include but are not limited to:
- Signing up and providing wristbands, to the children of Air Show guests, so that they may be quickly reunited with their parents or guardian if they become lost or separated.
- Assist the Lost and Missing Children lead volunteer with caring for found children or working with worried parents while attempting to reconnect them.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition while working with the public.
- Ability to work in varying weather climates – including wet, cold, hot, or humid days.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
To volunteer, please register through our VolunteerSpot online web site at: http://spirit-airshow.com/volunteer/ Please search for the "Lost Child Volunteer" positions.